virtual instrument and effects

God_guns_Rock

I'm trying to record virtual instruments. Where can I find virtual instrument software? Do I need a mini controller and will a mini-controller work with my Adobe Edition 3.0? I have heard different sides to the story. Yes and no from different knowledgeable people. I'm using a Tascam US-1800 interface.

First of all, you will need to specify what specific type you need. If you need a variety you should likely consider Native Instrument's Komplete package.

Also, it's called a MIDI controller not a mini controller. To trigger samples, you should have one, but you can score out parts or employ loops into a project using different softwares.

I believe that Adobe Audition is more of an audio editor, and I don't remember it having MIDI capabilities. There are tons of great, inexpensive softwares out there that are great VST host applications.

I'm trying to record virtual instruments. Where can I find virtual instrument software? Do I need a mini controller and will a mini-controller work with my Adobe Edition 3.0? I have heard different sides to the story. Yes and no from different knowledgeable people. I'm using a Tascam US-1800 interface.

Your 1800 came with Cubase LE5 or LE6 if you purchased it new. That will have HalionOne included I believe. Actually, Cubase may be a better DAW to experiment with until you get a controller/keyboard. LE5 includes a 'virtual keyboard' where you can use your computer keyboard as an input device.

thanks and my us-1800 did come with cubase le5. I want to ad strings to the mix and amp sims to guitar and bass parts
sorry about the MIDI i know

thanks and my us-1800 did come with cubase le5. I want to ad strings to the mix and amp sims to guitar and bass parts
sorry about the MIDI i know

Sounds like you are set. You have a DAW that does MIDI and it probably comes with some amp sims, synth voices, some effects and that will get you started.

Now go create music and stop talking about it. :thumbs up:

I found a casio mt-260 at goodwill for 5 bucks is this an OK controller or do I give it to the kids to play with lol

It does have MIDI, so you could use it to 'write' your MIDI tracks in cubase. Specs say it only has 6 note polyphony, so I don't know if that limits the MIDI to 6 notes at a time. It probably does NOT have velocity sensitivity, so tha tmeans your MIDI notes will all be at the same volume when you write them.

Back