Virgin voyage into Electronica...

Great job, Jason. You continue to impress me again and again with how wide your range is musically and technically. I hear a little of the 80's hints of flavor here and there too, but I don't think it's the production necessarily, but maybe more the way some of the melodies evoke memories of that era...? It's not a bad thing at all in any case.

For me, like some of the other commenters on the thread, the trance/electronic thing isn't really my cup of tea, but you made a great track here. The mix sounds good to me, and it's very interesting throughout.

Very Best,

Great job, Jason. You continue to impress me again and again with how wide your range is musically and technically. I hear a little of the 80's hints of flavor here and there too, but I don't think it's the production necessarily, but maybe more the way some of the melodies evoke memories of that era...? It's not a bad thing at all in any case.

For me, like some of the other commenters on the thread, the trance/electronic thing isn't really my cup of tea, but you made a great track here. The mix sounds good to me, and it's very interesting throughout.

Very Best,

Thank you so much for your kind words, Dave. I'll eventually figure out why everything I do sounds like it was made in the 80's... ...that is as soon as I don't like the 80's anymore. :)

I enjoyed this a lot more than I figured I would when I saw 80s and trance ;)

Lots of interesting change ups and layers. I liked the burbling arpegiated synth you got going on at some point, and the points where the guitar come in and out contrast well between acoustic and electric - can definitely hear the PSB influence. I got nothing for you in terms of nits or changes. Good work

I enjoyed this a lot more than I figured I would when I saw 80s and trance ;)

Lots of interesting change ups and layers. I liked the burbling arpegiated synth you got going on at some point, and the points where the guitar come in and out contrast well between acoustic and electric - can definitely hear the PSB influence. I got nothing for you in terms of nits or changes. Good work

Thanks, Rob! I'll have to check out your stuff soon...

Excellent especially for a first attempt. Sounds like you've been doing this forever. KCearl is the pro in genre this so I'll leave the technical assessment to him. Any chance of adding your live drum kit to this? I'd be curious to hear what the blend would be like.... :D

Back