vinyl to digital through line-in?

saxman61

I was able a month ago to record from binyl to digital. Since then I've gotten cool edit and all the plug-ins, but have forgotten how to get line-in to work. Do you have to configure it or something? It seems like I had to do something befor, but I've forgotten. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

You have to use a preamp: the signal of a vinyl record is too low to record through a line in.

another possibility is to use your hifi amp or whatever you use for listening to your vinyls and use that output.

I am using my turntable through my stereo amplifier from line out with two cables going to a Y with a stereo plug into line-in on the sound card. It's just that the program is not reading any input and recording blank sound as if there's no input at all.

I thought I remembered having to configure my line in somehow but can't remember how I did it.

I am guessing you are using the output of a tape monitor on your stereo receiver....

Did you choose the right pair of inputs on your sound card? Some cards have more than two channels. Check the Settings and see what your default input channels are for recording.

Back