Vintage sound recording museum update Austin

MartinT

We continue working toward permanent Museum in Austin, Texas. Collection now at 200+. Recently added cassette recorder category due to addition of RCA cartridge unit and some other cool cassette recorders. Just completed interview with Paul Stubblebine who toured our collection and sat for an interview about his life and the Tape Project that will be posted soon. Also Founding donor Will Harrison, Space Studio just joined our Museum Board. The University of Texas Architecture Department's Interior Design group begins our Museum's facility design project in January. Several other major announcements coming soon! Pretty exciting time for preserving R2R! Martin

This looks like it is going to be a pretty cool place. It would be really cool if you could recreate studios from the various regions, etc. But just seeing all of the equipment from the beginning, is really an interesting journey.

Wow! I had one of those Marantz 4 track recorders back in the early 80's. If I still had it laying around, I'd ship it to you... Looking great!

Back