Vintage mic info

itaughttremonti

Paul McCartney died?
Does anyone here know anything about an old Turner Dynamic S22 mic? Me and a friend were rummaging around the church and he found one laying in a box with that and some old, -old- snakes of some sort. I googled but haven't found much info...are these collectible? Worth trying to plug up and use? Or is it gonna be a cool looking paper weight?

Never heard of it.
Plug it in and try it out. Regardless of whether or not it's a collectible, and regardless of its Ebay value, a working microphone is always valuable!

By the way, I've discovered that the back closets of churches are great places to find old, forgotten equipment. And it usually tends to be in decent shape.

I had a turner Dynamic in the first band I was in, it was given to me to sing with as I did not own a mic. I don't remember it setting the world on fire, however my voice did not exactly set the world on fire back then anyway, and we were using a 100watt valve PA so it may have been better than I remember.

Turner mics were considered a good brand so reasonable results may be achieved, give it a go. Just check if the mic is hi (highZ) or low (lowZ) impedance, as a lot of the old mics were high impedance and all the new stuff is low impedance, if its high you may need an adaptor.

Link to Turner story

Cheers
Alan.

Neither of us had any intentions of selling it. I was just curious as to what we had on out hands. The connection is not an XLR type and I was wondering if there was some direction on what to look for when plugging this thing up? Is there a way to find a cable with the old style connection? I'll get my friend to post a picture on here and maybe you guys can help us.

Thanks for the info. Interesting backstory.

Back