Viking Rock Track

Polska_77

Fire away!!

There is no vox yet but ive got scratch lyrics so they will eventualy be added.
What do you think, and what should I do to make it good?

The mix seems a little bright...I think it could use a bit more low end. Beef up the bottom of the drums and bass, and see if it sems a bit more full. Guitars might be ok even if you punch up the bottom a bit.

Song structure seems pretty cool so far...

Yeah the whole thing is missing a lot of bottom end. I can't even hear the kick or bass. Other than that it sounds like a pretty cool song.

As with all the above - the bottom end is missing in action. There's good definition on the top end of the bass.
The guitars are a bit fizzy - are you running straight in from a pedal, mic'd cab or inboard effect?
The panning, separation etc. seem good just that lack of bottom end & lower mids.
Please post an update.

Thanks for listening, I figured out the problem, my sister had been using my sytem with an incredible amount of Bass boost for some music she was listening to, and I forgot to check it before mixing. I'll try to fix it a little and reposte later today.

rayc - The Guitars are DI through the pedal, and amplitube. I have no idea how to makem sound better...

Just tweak the EQ a bit - they need some upper mids &, dare I say it, some mid mud.
Maybe just roll of some of the extreme top end & add some upper mids.

Improving with every step.
This version has much more mid & bass defintion with bottom. There's a stick collision or edit at 1.42 I think that cold be masked.
Drums- not too plastic, I like the snare sound, the cymbals could use a little boost in vol but not any top end EQ as they sound a little sizzly too.
The bass drum still needs a little more thump - though I am listening with h/phones.
This has a cowpunk vibe.

There's a stick collision or edit at 1.42

As in drumstick collision?? EZDrummer dosn't support stick collisions. I don't remember editing either, I'll check it out at home.

Thanks for the Imput man, really appreciate it, I'll also mess with the guitars a little see what I come up with.

Newest mix sounds pretty good. Guitars sound nice. Could use more kick and the snare sounds sounds kind of thin. I guess the drum tracks on the whole need more punch and bottom end. Maybe bus them to a group track and EQ it from there. All in all though its good. Slap some vocals on it. :)

Back