Vienna doesn´t respond

zardose

Troubles with SB Live. My keyboard works OK with Cubase and Fruity, but, Vienna doesn´t respond to my keyboard nor my mouse on it virtual keys. I´d like to work the soundfonts I have but it´s like the Vienna´s just dead. I reloaded it from the disk just to see if it wasn´t loaded and no difference. Any ideas out there?

If you didn't try this, in the midi keyboard menu, select "select midi in devices" when the dialog box pops up, highlight the midi port your keyboard is connected to (make sure it turns blue) click ok.

that should do it for you
TX

also

under options - preferences, there is a tab for devices, make sure you have a playback device selected.

I missed the part about the virtual keyboard not responding.

TX

One More Thing

You have to have a file loaded into vienna, unlike other programs, vienna doesn't use the fonts loaded in your soundcard, rather it plays .wav files loaded in vienna itself. With no files open vienna doesn't do anything.

find your soundfont (.sf2) files in your C:\Program Files\Creative folder ... somewhere in there, I moved mine and I don't remember where they were exactly, there is a folder for them in that directory though.

when you open one of those files it should open with vienna. Then the virtual keyboard will work.

one more time
TX

Back