Video Creation Help

asengup6

I am currently using just a Blue Yeti Pro mic and a Canon camera to record videos. I use Audacity to record the audio track. Now, once I have the video and the audio tracks, how do I add the video to the audio with proper synchronisation? Or, given my equipment, is there any other more efficient way of recording (such using some software to record the video and the audio together live) without sacrificing much on the audio quality? What do most people on YouTube with decent quality audios do for recording? Since so many people are doing it, it shouldn't be something very complicated, but I don't know the key points that I am missing. Thanks in advance!

There are many ways of doing it. Just a few:

1 Play your song and record yourself live on Audacity and the camera.
1a Load the Audacity track and the video into a video editor, line up the audio from Audacity with the audio from the video, then delete the latter.

2 Record yourself on Audacity. Play this track and mime to it while you video. Repeat 1a

3 Play your song and record it on camera. Load the audio track of the video into audacity, Use this as a basis of recording a good version in Audacity. Then repeat 1a.

There are many ways of doing it. Just a few:

1 Play your song and record yourself live on Audacity and the camera.
1a Load the Audacity track and the video into a video editor, line up the audio from Audacity with the audio from the video, then delete the latter.

2 Record yourself on Audacity. Play this track and mime to it while you video. Repeat 1a

3 Play your song and record it on camera. Load the audio track of the video into audacity, Use this as a basis of recording a good version in Audacity. Then repeat 1a.

Ok, thank you!

Remember to record at 48khz so the sync will match up. Final audio file for video is 16bit/48k.

I highly suggest you get Sony Vegas Studio (<$50) it's an easy, no-fail video editor (and you can use your audio vst's in it.)

Back