VF160 Question

analog aaron

Swami King of Poppers
I bought a VF160 a few months ago and haven't used it much. I couldn't find this in the manual...but...How can I assign the XLR inputs (phantom power) to any other track besides 7/15 or 8/16? :confused:

After you record to Tracks 7-8, track pairs are really easy to exchange via the [Edit] menu.

Paj
8^)

Cool.Thanks, I was reading the manual a bit and had a hunch I'd have to exchange tracks. One other thing I'm a little confused about is setting the clipboard in/out points. I really like this machine, but I feel the manual is poorly written. Almost a far away from "User friendly" as you could get..:confused:

You know what? I thought you were talking about getting phantom power on the other inputs.

To switch the track you're recording on, it's simple. Make sure you're not in direct mode and then push the "Input" button and assign your input channel(s), "Source" (should be the same as your input channels in this case), and then "REC TRK" button and assign which track(s) you're recording to.

JR#97 is referring to Buss Recording---another (more flexible) alternative to what you want to do.

Also, don't forget that inputs 7/8 can simultaneously feed Tracks 7/8 AND/OR 15/16 in Direct Mode.

Paj
8^)

Back