VF08 Bouncing

Jonboy

When I bounce say three tracks to Track 7/8 and then do a track exchange so I can continue to multitrack it seems I have to exchange the bounced track (7/8) with two tracks. If I only track exchange with one track I lose half the sound. I hope this makes sense.
In other words is it the case that any bounced material on 7/8 must be exchanged with two tracks to bring it fully back into the song?
Therefore bouncing say a drum track on 1 and a bass track on 2 would be pointless as the bounced track could only be exchanged with 2 tracks and therefore I haven't freed up any tracks???

Also can I include ghost tracks (ie 9 to 24) in a bounce?

Please please help. I have only just purchased the VF08 and like it a lot but this info is critical.

Jonboy said:
When I bounce say three tracks to Track 7/8 and then do a track exchange so I can continue to multitrack it seems I have to exchange the bounced track (7/8) with two tracks. If I only track exchange with one track I lose half the sound. I hope this makes sense.
In other words is it the case that any bounced material on 7/8 must be exchanged with two tracks to bring it fully back into the song?
Therefore bouncing say a drum track on 1 and a bass track on 2 would be pointless as the bounced track could only be exchanged with 2 tracks and therefore I haven't freed up any tracks???

When you exchange tracks, think of tracks 7-8 as two separate and individual tracks, because thats just what they are. They have some limitations: you can't apply EQ and effects.

The thing is they are under the same fader, but panned left and right. The point with this is that when you do your final bounce/mix, tracks 7-8 are acting as your "mixdown deck". When you have your final mix on these two tracks, hit the "Mastering"-button and transfer your mix to CDR/DAT/MD/whatever. When working in Mastering mode, you can apply EQ, Compression and Ambience onto tracks 7-8.

Also can I include ghost tracks (ie 9 to 24) in a bounce?

No, you have to exchange them with a real track (1-6) first.

Hope this helps,

micmac

Thanks micmac!
Crystal clear.
I know that I must eq and effect each track before doing the bounce and also any mixing that may be required as well.
Jonboy

micmac said:
When working in Mastering mode, you can apply EQ, Compression and Ambience onto tracks 7-8.

Jonboy, you probably know this, but if someone else is reading:

Just want to make clear, of course the EQ, Comp and Ambience aren't applied onto tracks 7-8, but rather onto the stereo tracks of whatever you are mastering to. Tracks 7-8 stay as they are.

micmac

Sure thing micmac.
Should add (for other interested parties) that from experience the presets (eq, comp and ambience) in mastering mode are set a bit wild. Presumably to deliberately over emphasise the type of sound.
I strongly recommend tweaking each parameter to get the sound you want.

Back