VF gurus...Load/Save problem

jfrog

uber-nerd
I've been saving my song data to my external CD burner from my VF-08 for months. (Using the Save Program" function) I assumed (after reading the manual) that besides the audio tracks, all the other peripheral info would also get saved...things like Scenes, EQ settings, marks, etc.

Last night was the first time I had reloaded a song. Much to my dismay, none of the program settings were loaded with the audio files. Fortunately for this particular song, I hadn't deleted the original copy from the VF, so I can write down all the settings from that (Manually :mad: ) and set up the new copy!

:confused: :( :mad:

Is there a way to save these setting along with the other song data?

When you save program, does it write a high pitched (digital) signal before the audio tracks? This setup track is supposed to carry the settings info you mention (faders, pans etc.)
How are you bringing the backup in from CD? Load PRG ?

'Orc

carelessorc said:
When you save program, does it write a high pitched (digital) signal before the audio tracks? This setup track is supposed to carry the settings info you mention (faders, pans etc.)
How are you bringing the backup in from CD? Load PRG ?

'Orc

Yeah, there's the high-pitched modem-like squeal, which I assumed was conveying the setting info. I brought it back from the CD via the Load prg function.

Orc - have you done this before? Is it supposed to reload the settings?

I may have to retry this on a shorter song. (the one I did took about an hour to save and another hour to load)

jfrog said:
I've been saving my song data to my external CD burner from my VF-08 for months. Is there a way to save these setting along with the other song data?

Using the internal burner on the VF80 and VF160, you need to save in the FDMS-3 format, not wav, in order to have the settings saved. I don't know if this is also the case with an external burner on the VF08...

By external burner I assumed you meant a stand-alone CD recorder and that you are connecting to it via the digital out. But Bill has caused me to rethink, you could be referring to an external Plextor SCSI burner?
If you are, then Bill is spot on: you save in FDMS3 format and it saves everything.
If my first guess was correct (an external stand alone recorder) then I may have some bad news. The manual for the VF80 suggests that scene memories are *not* saved if you transfer by SPDIF (digital out). Of course the 08 may be different.
A zip drive and disks off ebay may be a better bet.

'Orc

I've come to the conclusion that I'm out of luck...I'll have to resort to writing down all my settings & everything w/ pencil & paper when I back stuff up. Sigh. My external cd burner is in fact a regular cd burner (Pioneer) so S/PDIF is the only way I have to back it up. My vf-08 didn't come with the scsi card. I don't feel like spending $90 on a new on. I've been looking for them on ebay for a while and haven't found any. Otherwise I'd just buy a zip drive or something - the speed increase alone would be worth it. Does anyone know of anyone who has an old VF that's died that I could slavage a scsi card from?

Back