VF-16 - Your thoughts please.

CapoKid,

I was facing the same problem a while back when I had an FD-4 and wanted to upgrade. I think you would be much happier with yhe VF-16. It has room to grow, has added features that the 8 doesn't have and many more people are using the VF-16. If you haven't already, check the site and forums at www.VF16.com.
Later
Bruce

Capokid,
Just got mine today. So far I'm thrilled. Bought it from Interstate Music for $799, and it cost $100 to ship to Canada, but it got here overnight. The manual's not as bad as everyone makes it seem, maybe they revised it. It's pretty intuitive, and the main draw for me was Adat I/O, SCSI backup and mastering, and up to 16 tracks recording at once.

I currently have an FD-4 and have had good luck recording with it. My question to jvasey is, what use is the ability to record 16 tracks at once? I guess it's a naive question, but it's not obvious to me how you are utilizing 16 tracks at once. Are you recording with a LARGE group of people, all playing at once? I am thinking about upgrading, but I am not sure what the advantages of the VF-16, or the VF-08, have over the FD-4 for my purposes. Obviously, more tracks can be recorded, but what else? Also, perhaps you guys know the answer to this: does the FD-4 have mike pre-amps built in? What about the Vf-08, Vf-16? I guess that may be one advantage. I record almost entirely by myself, so I generally just record to a single track, transfer it to my computer, and record another and repeat. I guess it may be more time consuming. I am open to convincing :-) Thanks.

secretorchard

Back