VF-08 to computer problem

LanndeZ83

I'm using a Fostex VF-08 digital multitrack and am trying to put a few songs onto my computer using musicmatch. Problem: the recordings only playback on the left. I tried switching to mono and tried everything else I could think of... any ideas? I've recorded my friends stuff the same way and had no trouble. The only difference was that his was the Boss BR-8... so is it a Fostex issue? Please help.... I'm trying to finish by Christmas!
Thanks
LanndeZ83

LanndeZ83

I'm just wondering if you ever figured out what your problem was? I also recently purchased the VF08 and wonder the same thing. If you have any info on this subject please pass it along.

I presume you are using a 'standard' analogue cable going from the headphones output of your Fostex to the input on your PC...if you're still getting just one channel from that, you could try this...

use two cables...plug into the left output (beside the headphone output I think) and one into the right output......go down to a electrical shop and buy yourself an adaptor which accepts 2 inputs and gives out one output (I have one...they exist!)...plug your left & right cables (from your Fostex) into this adaptor and plug the adaptor into your PC. That should work but all your panning will be lost.

I'd recommend that you stop using Musicmatch and get a wave editor program and mix the left and right channels separately...its simple stuff and you can get loads of free stuff at www.hitsquad.com

Back