very very thick mix. am i done? vocals to loud?

yeah the sliding finger sound is what you mean right? it is a bit annoying. i think when the electric guitars come i think you can bring em up and give em more punch they seem too far in the background of things. i don't think the vocals are too loud btw. i'm not exactly sure how you recorded the electric guitar power chord parts but it sounds weak. i'd multitrack and pan one on each side. imo they should have way more presense.

yeah the sliding finger sound is what you mean right? it is a bit annoying. i think when the electric guitars come i think you can bring em up and give em more punch they seem too far in the background of things. i don't think the vocals are too loud btw. i'm not exactly sure how you recorded the electric guitar power chord parts but it sounds weak. i'd multitrack and pan one on each side. imo they should have way more presense.

ya the guitar was louder but then the hole mix just was way tooo loud when they kicked in. i have 5 electrics from 5 diff amps and 5 diff guitars paned wide across the stereo field. id add more but it would be over kill i think.
thanks for takeing the time to reply tho. ill deff take what you said into consideration. any one els?????????????????????????????

i just ment thanks for replying lol

any one els????????????????

I'll state up front that the "style" of this music isn't my thing generally, so take my comments in that light.

Having said that, both the male and female vox are very nice, the acoustic guitars sound fantastic, and the melody is memorable.

As for the distorted guitar parts, I'd almost be tempted to say just $hitcan them completely and let the prettier elements breathe throughout. Personally, I found those guitars a bit superfluous and distracting--especially on the female vox section with the palm-muted "ascending" riff.

But I think everything I've said here is just a matter of taste, you obviously know how to craft a song so take these comments for what they're worth.

PS -- I noticed you're from Sarnia, that's where most of my family hails from. :cool:

I'll state up front that the "style" of this music isn't my thing generally, so take my comments in that light.

Having said that, both the male and female vox are very nice, the acoustic guitars sound fantastic, and the melody is memorable.

As for the distorted guitar parts, I'd almost be tempted to say just $hitcan them completely and let the prettier elements breathe throughout. Personally, I found those guitars a bit superfluous and distracting--especially on the female vox section with the palm-muted "ascending" riff.

But I think everything I've said here is just a matter of taste, you obviously know how to craft a song so take these comments for what they're worth.

PS -- I noticed you're from Sarnia, that's where most of my family hails from. :cool:

haha thanks for being honest. i was thinking i might actually just make an acoustic version of the piano, acoustic and strings. and keep the rock-ish balled as a different thing all together.
ya im from sarnia, moved to Windsor and then back lol. i wasnt a fan of that city, its just not my thing lol

p.s. if your ever in the area let me know haha, we'll grab a beer and talk recording.

It's turning out very nice, Chris.:)
My only nit would be the kick, it sounds pretty boomy and could use some definition. Rest sounds pretty good to me. Very nice tune!

Joey :):):):)

It's turning out very nice, Chris.:)
My only nit would be the kick, it sounds pretty boomy and could use some definition. Rest sounds pretty good to me. Very nice tune!

Joey :):):):)

thanks man! how would you suggest i do that? as of right now, the kick track has no effects on it. i ran it threw a compressor and it is how it is lol. any way to fix it?

I would suggest cutting the lows at about 60-80 hz and boosting the high mids around 3000 Khz and the highs at about 8000 Khz. Of course you'll have to adjust to your liking so don't take this as Gospel....:D

haha thanks for being honest. i was thinking i might actually just make an acoustic version of the piano, acoustic and strings.

Now yer talkin!

ya im from sarnia, moved to Windsor and then back lol. i wasnt a fan of that city, its just not my thing lol

I can't remember if it says it anywhere in my profile, but I live in Windsor. Small world. Don't blame you for not liking it by the way, although it is home for me.

p.s. if your ever in the area let me know haha, we'll grab a beer and talk recording.

That'd be cool--selfishly speaking, I could probably learn a great deal from that.
:D

Back