very new

jimi

i just buying a soundcard to my computer i have a few questions:

(i will still be buying a software like cubase or protools)

1. Do i plug the guitar/mic/bass into the soundcard directly or mic the amp and plug the amp in ? please just walk me through the set up breifly and simply.

2.if i dont have a recording software yet, can i still record on the computer and listen to it?

3.whats up with the wave files and mps files??? i mean what is it exactly?

4. does the computer soundcard act like a tascam like when i plug my mic in the souncard its as if i plug it in the tascam ? same idea kinda? then the software is the tascam board ?

thank you very much for looking at my questions i am waiting for any simple replies .
Thanks

What soundcard did you get ?
Single stereo inputs or multiple input interface ?
You can go direct or mic the cabinet, which ever way you like best.
If you dont have multitrack software yet, you may not be able to record anything over a couple minutes and certainly not multitrack.
The multitrack software will perform the same task as the tascam only it will be on your screen as in virtual multitrack.

thanks that makes it more understandable

my soundcard is this it has 4 inputs mic-in, line-in,front-out,and rear-out. +midi/game a big input.

which ones do i use for like maybe recording a mic then whatever that mic is recording weather its guitar amp bass amp or vocals .

the inputs are 1/8 inch very small so i dont think i can even plug in my shure mic in them id probably need to get a connection for it ??
what do u think ?

jimi said:
thanks that makes it more understandable

my soundcard is this it has 4 inputs mic-in, line-in,front-out,and rear-out. +midi/game a big input.

which ones do i use for like maybe recording a mic then whatever that mic is recording weather its guitar amp bass amp or vocals .

the inputs are 1/8 inch very small so i dont think i can even plug in my shure mic in them id probably need to get a connection for it ??
what do u think ?
So it appears as though your using a standard PC soundcard. You will need a conversion adapter to reduce the XLR or 1/4" mic line down to and 1/8" connector. Use the line in on soundcard not the mic in.

cool thanks so ill just buy an adapter for the connection of the chord. Sounds good.

what difference does it make in the soundcards ? just curious is it better to get a 1/4" input souncard ? do they make them ?

Well of course they do. There are a ton of soundcards and interfaces out there. You will need to research this forum for specifics. I dont know whats available to ya in Egypt, but an M-Audio Audiophile card would be a great entry level soundcard that will be much better than the current card your using.
www.m-audio.com
Im curious, are you fluent in English or does your OS translate websites to Arabic ??
Or do you not really reside in Egypt ?

cool thanks
yes im from Egypt and im very good in english, all the songs i like to write are in english .
:)
thanks

Back