Vertical blinds?

Shockwave

I'm wondering if vertical blinds (fabric covered) would be of any help to install in the control room on the studio window. (the window, not an exterior window) My left monitor will be pointing at it somewhat, as the window is to my right. I do not face the window full on because of room dimensions. Anyway, I thought a vertical blind could maybe help direct the sound/reflections, and I can even close it when I don't need to see the main room. Thoughts? Thanks.

Dan

I used to sell window blinds and I think you are talking about the vinyl blind with a fabric insert in it. I would think that anything it redirects is going to be pretty high frequency. Is it a full length window or half height?

Hey Mike. Thanks for responding. My window is small- 2x4 installed horizontally. I was thinking that maybe the reflections could help be diverted to the position of my choosing with a verticale blind. I thought that perhaps the fabric blinds would help, as opposed to bare vinyl. Or would it really work at all? Thanks.

Dan

I have deep red vertical blinds with curtains,Vertical blinds[ are protect from sun rays,Vertical blinds are a variety available in online.

................i got mine from Blinds-depot.co.uk

I thought the worst sound was from the absorbers. Totally dead.

So was this a serious question?

The idea of absorbers is to eliminate echo/reflection of sound waves and the bad shit that can cause - nulls and boosts and comb filtering. This is relevant to a mixing or critical listening room where the only sound waves you want reaching your ears are those coming directly from the speakers. This is not necessarily the same criteria for a tracking room where some room sound is usually desirable. When creating a space for both some compromise is necessary.

lou

Back