Vegas Pro--is it worth it?!

Joel

I am about to buy the new Gadget Labs 8*24. Now all I need is the software. I used the beta version of Vegas Pro. This was so very simple compared to anything I've seen before. It was basically just a point and click operation. And the effects chain set up is incredibly logical and simple. My only question is was anything compromised in the making of this software in order to make it so simple? I already know that the effects are not Direct X compatible (at least not yet). Is there a market for these effects out there yet. All they give with the program is a reverb, compressor, and maybe one other effect if I am not mistaken.

In addition, has anyone heard anything good about the new version of the Gadget Labs 8*24 card I am about to purchase? They make it sound like the whole signal path is 24-bit. But there is also a $100 hike in the price to $599. Is it worth it or should I go with the 20/20? I've already given up on the Direct Pro.

Joel

i have vegas... it runs great... works great... and is fun... nothing i would know have has been compromised , but im no pro .. and as far as i know , you can use direct x effects in vegas.. you just insert them into the fx chain...

- eddie -

Back