Vegas 6 -Can I arm two totracks at once?

P

PaulKarate

I just got the program and I love it!! I'll be recording some line equipment (drum machines and keyboards) and really want to have true stero drums and true stereo sounds (example: a string sound with a stereo delay effect on it). I'm pretty sure I can record stereo data to one track but I know it's not true stero. I want two seperate tracks to pan hard right and hard left. How can I do this?

Thank you.

I just re read this, sorry if I use the word Stereo way too much, LOL!

What makes you think a stereo track isn't "true stereo?"

However...

Yes, you can arm more than one track at a time. If you right-click on the record select button (without arming the track), you can select which input you want to use. I've recorded as many as 13 tracks at a time with Vegas. And yes, this program rocks!

MadAudio said:
What makes you think a stereo track isn't "true stereo?"

Thank you much!!

My logic is this, If I record the left and right outputs of my drum machine on to one vegas track (which I have been doing) it isn't "true stereo." I mean I do see the two seperate L and R audio data within that one track but I always assumed that it really wasn't in stereo.

I hope this will clear it up.

Please explain if I'm wrong.

Thanks.

PaulKarate said:
Thank you much!!

My logic is this, If I record the left and right outputs of my drum machine on to one vegas track (which I have been doing) it isn't "true stereo." I mean I do see the two seperate L and R audio data within that one track but I always assumed that it really wasn't in stereo.

I hope this will clear it up.

Please explain if I'm wrong.

Thanks.
Yes, it is stereo. You're seing two waveforms in the track, yes? One is left, the other is right. A mono track will only have one waveform in it.

Beautiful! Thanks for the help, I feel a 100% certain on this now.

i just wnated to chime in cuz i love vegas too!!!

although im usin vegas 4 right now - i demo'd vegas 6 and it wreaked havoc on my cpu's processing performance -- so i figured i got some glitch -- but im still lovin vegas 4 !!!!!

I'm using Vegas 6.0, with an AMD 2.0ghz, 1 gig RAM, and it performs flawlessly with my Edirol UA-22 USB recorder. I have just figured out how to insert tracks, then select the input for the track (left and right, as my recorder only has 2 inputs) and now i can record my vocals and acoustic guitar at the same time!

I'm loving it, thanks Sony! :P

Acid is good, but has never been a multi track recording program. It's a looping and mixing program.

I recorded my first demo completely using Acid. I just recorded one track at a time.
But now, i wanted to put some lyircs and guitar ideas down at once, and Vegas lets me do this.

Tim Brown said:
I liked Gooneybird Acid myself. :p
Tim
Beware. The trademark is easier to fake than the chemical whose brand the insignia announces. ;)

Which is why Windowpane was a really cool idea.

Back