VCR to PC

Riegs

Hi I hope I can get some good advice as this needs to be done Monday as a friend of mine's bringing over a Paul Gilbert instructional video he wants a portion of made to .avi or .mpeg:

What's the best method to get audio from the VCR into the PC and what cords/adapters will I need?

There are 2 audio-out connectors on the VCR, L(eft) and R(ight), and I want to feed this into my soundcard.

Will I be using the Line-In on my Soundblaster Live! or the SPDIF-in? I just want to click "play" and have the video and sound play simultaneously. :)

Please respond ASAP~

All you need is a 1/8" stereo male plug to 2 mono RCA plugs. Plug the RCA's into the VCR left rights and the 1/8" into the line in. Take the coax out to your tv and your done.

Record it using goldwave or soundforge. There are demo versions of both but may be time limited. Maybe someone else can suggest a free recorder.

wait a second. you want an mpeg or avi...

In this case you need some type of video capture card, like the ATI all in wonder.

The method i describe above is for sound only.

Emeric

Thanks. Hard to believe I put pc's together yet I don't know what's needed for something simple like this.

Video-in is all set, that's already taken care of. Sound-in is all I had to worry about. :)

Back