variax 300 electric guitar vs the 700

StudioMxpx

whats the diffrence between the two? is there a tone diffrence? does it come with more guitar models? i dont get it..your paying more for the guitar body and the looks? i mean thats cool but i sure wouldnt take a variax on satge with me..ugh

StudioMxpx said:
whats the diffrence between the two? is there a tone diffrence? does it come with more guitar models? i dont get it..your paying more for the guitar body and the looks? i mean thats cool but i sure wouldnt take a variax on satge with me..ugh

wouldn't you, I use a 700 all the time,

the only difference is in the build quality & playability of the guitar & I don't think the 300 has the guitar editing capability

anyhow as a fan of the strat sound but not the inherant noise the variaxe was/is the answer for me

i heard you can use the 300 in workbench if thats what you mean by editing capabilitys? i just order the 300 today from AMS just because i can make three payments of $166 lol so hows the acousic sounds on the variax? and the Gibson..i heard the samples on the line 6 site but i know how much they process the crap out of there audio samples..i am a big fan of line 6 dont get me wrong..but i wanna hear how good it is from other people.

StudioMxpx said:
i heard you can use the 300 in workbench if thats what you mean by editing capabilitys? i just order the 300 today from AMS just because i can make three payments of $166 lol so hows the acousic sounds on the variax? and the Gibson..i heard the samples on the line 6 site but i know how much they process the crap out of there audio samples..i am a big fan of line 6 dont get me wrong..but i wanna hear how good it is from other people.

in the past I used (and still do sometimes) a strat, les paul custom, tele's, 345, parker flys, SGs etc etc with various acoustics & the V/axe holds up very well

I prefer getting the mics on a wooden box for acoustics but for parts that don't have to be prominent it's ace. As I said above some of the guitars I've used & the variaxe does it especially the super400 gibson model the bottom end blows the foundations out. I beleive they've improved on the 12 string models since I got mine as I'm not to keen on that particular side of the models (OK for the odd bit). The weakest sound is the banjo & maybe the sitar sounds, having said that I've used the sitar in studio & live, it's wicked for the solo on Steely Dan's "Do It Again"

combine that with an XT live & IMHO you have the mother of all rigs. As there's no pickups people wonder about feedback..............it's all there, & also I find it weird playing a guitar with pickups now they get in the way

Back