Van Halen "I'll wait" drum toms

walters

What did Alex Van Halen use for the TOM TOM's sound on the song " I'll wait" on the 1984 album???

I'm trying to get my Tom Tom sounds to be like that song, what can i do or use ?

What be Roto Toms? How to get sound of Roto Toms? I am wanting sound of "I'll wait" without Roto Tom? Why you mean Extra Companding? Plugins? Are Roto Toms creamy-crunchy-peanut-buttery?

What be Roto Toms? How to get sound of Roto Toms? I am wanting sound of "I'll wait" without Roto Tom? Why you mean Extra Companding? Plugins? Are Roto Toms creamy-crunchy-peanut-buttery?

If you are trying your hand at Walterspeak, I suggest you end a few of your questions with a period, and end a few statements with a question mark. Otherwise, your word choice is pretty good. Keep at it.

That eBay listing has to be a joke. It cracks me up...what some of these rubes are expecting to get out of their used crap. Those Roto-toms are worth oh...
$120...give or take 20.

Not a joke at all, someone bought them. The bigger roto toms are much harder to find. I think $399 for all of them was a fair price, not a bargin, but fair.

That eBay listing has to be a joke. It cracks me up...what some of these rubes are expecting to get out of their used crap. Those Roto-toms are worth oh...
$120...give or take 20.

Bwahahaha. That cracks me up.

There is a BIG difference between those rototoms and those crappy black cast aluminum ones. That set is made from chromed steel and is a million lightyears beyond the black ones.

I've got a full set of the chrome ones and they are killer sounding.

And to stay on topic, Alex used a 6",8", 10" set mounted above a 12" & 14" set of Rototoms during that period.

Tim

Back