V67 and V67G--Same Internally?

Chris Long

HI All
I am going to get a V67G, for various things including voiceovers, and every so often I see a reference to a V67 that is finished in black, not green/gold.

I'm wondering--are these two the same microphone on the inside, just different finishes on the outside? If so, and if I can get hold of one that's in good shape, I think I'd prefer the black finish--not so flashy.

Thanks
Chris

Chris Long said:
HI All
I am going to get a V67G, for various things including voiceovers, and every so often I see a reference to a V67 that is finished in black, not green/gold.

I'm wondering--are these two the same microphone on the inside, just different finishes on the outside? If so, and if I can get hold of one that's in good shape, I think I'd prefer the black finish--not so flashy.

Thanks
Chris
Yeah, the V67 and V67G are the same... the only difference is color.

Where the hell can I find a black V67? Ive looked all over the place and nobody seems to have them in stock...

I bought mine used from a member here, as the V67M (Mogami). The catalog shows them manufactured in black and silver also, but I've only seen them for sale in Green.

I got mine at SamAsh -- but it could have been during the period they were selling blowout merchandise from when Mars Music went bankrupt.

-lee-

Back