v3.0 Just downloaded it today

Rokket

Trailing Behind Again
Really cleaned up the program. It's almost completely seemless now. Wow. I like it. Now if I only could track some new songs...:(

Yea...I downloaded it but, I ain't installed yet. I'm in the middle of a project and I don't want to risk it messing things up...was the conversion ok for you...I mean, did you just install over the top of v2 without any conflicts ?

Yea...I downloaded it but, I ain't installed yet. I'm in the middle of a project and I don't want to risk it messing things up...was the conversion ok for you...I mean, did you just install over the top of v2 without any conflicts ?
Yeah, Reaper keeps all of your presets and settings when you upgrade.

I hear rumors that the licensing has changed. Being too lazy to RTFM, can you confirm if I'll have to buy a new license with the new version?

It's only if your license is old eg. you have Reaper v1 or somat...for example, I bought my license in December which entitles me to v3.99.

What has changed with the license however is, verification of the non comercial license. Lot's of people have wondered if they have to buy the commercial license if they make a little bit of money with it...well it's now been confirm that you only have to buy a commercail license if you make over $20.000USD, which is a very generous amount IMO as I'd buy the commercial license if I was lucky enough to make a grand. ;)

I hear rumors that the licensing has changed. Being too lazy to RTFM, can you confirm if I'll have to buy a new license with the new version?
I got my license with v2.3, so I guess it's covered. All I had to do was click on the tab that verified I had a license, and it downloaded the key. Then I just pointed Reaper to where I put the key and I was in.

Please note my italics in Reaper's new pricing scheme:

"There is only one version of REAPER. We offer two licenses, depending on how you use it.

$225: full commercial license.
$60: discounted license.

You may use the discounted license if any of the following is true:

You are an individual, using REAPER only for personal use.
You are an individual or business, using REAPER for commercial use, and the yearly gross revenue does not exceed USD $20,000.
You are an educational or non-profit organization."

Please note my italics in Reaper's new pricing scheme:

"There is only one version of REAPER. We offer two licenses, depending on how you use it.

$225: full commercial license.
$60: discounted license.

You may use the discounted license if any of the following is true:

You are an individual, using REAPER only for personal use.
You are an individual or business, using REAPER for commercial use, and the yearly gross revenue does not exceed USD $20,000.
You are an educational or non-profit organization."
I'm still good! :D

I'm seriously psyched - this update fixes the one thing I missed when I started contemplatiing a switch from Sonar to Reaper, namely FX parameter automation. I'll be downloading this tonight. :D

Downloaded this last night, and finally bought a license soon after. Not much to say so far except I dig the new look, and the fact it still loads, like, instantly. :D

I've been using it for a week now....awesome! Nary a hiccup. Love the effect automation and the new MIDI features.

3.01 update was released yesterday.
I am going to stick with 3.0 until after I get my new computer. I don't want to hassle with the license issue. I downloaded the key when I downloaded 3.0, and I don't know how many updates it covers. Besides that, with my limited knowledge of the software and how to manipulate it like some of the big boys do on here, it's enough for me.

I am going to stick with 3.0 until after I get my new computer. I don't want to hassle with the license issue. I downloaded the key when I downloaded 3.0, and I don't know how many updates it covers.
Cool mate...I understand that but just to point out...when I installed it, it just went straight over, no key update etc to worry about. I get the impression that the license only changes over versions, not updates. So if you're licensed for version 3, then you're licensed at least up to 3.99. I could be wrong though but that's just how I read it.

Mart.

I got the license with version 2.5, and had to click the option for the program to search for the key. After I downloaded it and added it into the splash screen, I had her up and running again. If it's only good through versions, why did it let me license 3.0? Anyhow, I am still going to wait, because I am really hesitant to get a pc or laptop with Vista on it. I've used it and don't like it one bit. Windows 7 is supposed to be the shit, so I am hoping my dying-by-degrees laptop makes it that long.

Reaper licensing is good through the next version after you buy it. So if you bought a license with 2.5, you're covered up to 3.99.

If you buy a license with 3.0, you're covered through 4.99 (and man do I hope they keep releasing it that long!!!)

Yep.. what he ^ said. I bought mine on version 2.54 and still have the e-mail that tells me I'm good till 3.99.
You already installed the license key for version 3 Rokket, so all you have to do with the 3.01 update is install it directly over 3.0 and run it.

Mart.

After playing with it some more, the only thing I'm missing is some sort of built-in track EQ. There isn't by chance anything in the works, is it?

That would indeed be sweet!

It's honestly the one thing I miss from Sonar. It's not like it's a huge hurdle to pull up an EQ for every track, but since I pretty much want one there anyway it was nice to have a parametric EQ on every track along with the volume and pan controls.

Back