V-amp pro vs. Pod pro??

just picked up a V-amp pro and I'm so impressed with it,I'm gonna redo all my guitar parts for a CD I'm working on. I really
like the versatility and its real quiet, the recording engineer
was very impressed with that and he's real anal about noise
and background hiss. Best $200 I ever spent.

OK, Just got the V-amp pro. The clean sounds are great, but whenever I turn up the gain it gets noisy as hell! Bad, bad noise! Anyone else find this? This makes the thing next to useless!

now thats weird...after i read your post I went to my music room
plugged in and cranked up the gain and ..no noise at all..
even tried out different amp models with the gain turned up and
still little if any noise.

I am using cheap guitar cables. Might have something to do with it. Guess I gotta make a trip to Samash!

I was about to buy the Pod Pro but at the last minute checked out the Genesis 3. I left the store with the Genesis. Just sounds like a real guitar in a real amp to me.

There is the cheese stuff in it but I can come pretty close to real world if I tweak it.

Middleman said:
I was about to buy the Pod Pro but at the last minute checked out the Genesis 3. I left the store with the Genesis. Just sounds like a real guitar in a real amp to me.

There is the cheese stuff in it but I can come pretty close to real world if I tweak it.

I was just wondering about this one today... and also, that $79 Digitech unit as well... not putting much stock in that, but for $79, what do you expect?

And am I correct in assuming that the Bass V-Amp Pro *can* be controlled by that FB1010 floorboard or whatever the hell Beh has on their site? 'cause I would think it can.

Middleman said:

I was just wondering about this one today... and also, that $79 Digitech unit as well... not putting much stock in that, but for $79, what do you expect?

And am I correct in assuming that the Bass V-Amp Pro *can* be controlled by that FB1010 floorboard or whatever the hell Beh has on their site? 'cause I would think it can.

Middleman said:

I've hardly ever tried any other amp modelers (I'm not a real guitar player anyway). I got my Genesis 3 straight off ebay after reading positive comments about it on this board. It's a great tool with very usable effects and I especially like the 24/44.1 spdif out. Very quiet. Using the analogue outs will add some noise so using the digital out for recording is an obvious choice.
I have it hooked up to my PC through midi and controlling it with the software works really well.

Feature wise I'd see the $79,- Genesis 1 rather as a practice tool, not so much as a recording tool. It has no digi-out or any programmable settings.

tf5_bassist said:
Well, they're both Behinger products so not making it work together would for them be like shooting in their own foot. :D

Toker41 said:
OK, Just got the V-amp pro. The clean sounds are great, but whenever I turn up the gain it gets noisy as hell! Bad, bad noise! Anyone else find this? This makes the thing next to useless!

Make sure you are using your noise gate. From my experience the noise gate on this unit works extremely well. When I first hooked it up I dialed in a few presets and had the same noise issue. Just tweaked the gate and bang, silence!
BTW, I too love this unit!!!!!!!!

Lt. Bob said:
Yeah, the J-Station's great too......plus it has 3 bass-amp models in it....a real plus for recording.....it even has a passable acoustic simulator. At $89, everybody should run out and get one!
Yeah, that's a deal. Never forget that there's no reason not to use bass amp & cab models for guitar and vice versa. Mixing them up often gets great sounds with the J-Station.

The v-amp is noisey! Might just be a bad unit, but it has put a bad taste in my mouth for Behringer. I still believe they make some products that are very good for the money, but they also make alot of crap. Goes to show how you should really plug things in and play with them before you buy them.

Ok... this is an old discussion, but I'm wondering about something on this subject.

When changing sound with a midi board, is there much lag? ...silence between soundchange.

Some one told me that the Pod is much better on that field, and when playing Live, it makes a difference for me.

Back