V-amp 2 through PA

Rochambeau II

Here looks like a good place...

So I've had my v-amp for a couple of months now and it hasn't had much use. I think I read some where that you can run it straight through the PA..but when I asked the dude who runs the practice rooms, he said not to do it cos it will blow his PA. So what's the deal here..can it be done?

yeah it will definitely work...run it into a line input.....

but if theres another guitarist with a real amp you will sound like ass next to him........

Gidge said:

but if theres another guitarist with a real amp you will sound like ass next to him........

i agree. imo, micing a small amp thru a pa when there is a large unmiced amp in the same room will leave the small amp sounding like ass too.

Gidge said:

What if the other guitarist can't play for shit?

Yea, it will work fine. I lent my v-amp 2 to a buddy who was having his amp fixed to use for rehearsals. He ran it straight into the P.A., and liked it so much he bought one to use as a back up to his amp.

As for the guy that said it will sound week compared to another guitarist playing through an amp - depends on the amp, and more importantly, how big/good your P.A. system is....

Back