UX2, Pod Farm and Reaper Help.

GazBrady

Hello, i'm currently reading through the manuals of all of the above to see if i can find an answer but thought as much information as i can get will help so here goes...

I'm recording dual tracks, (guitar/mic) into pod farm and recording them as two seperate tracks into Reaper which i've figured out how to do. No problem there but,

I'm getting a clicking noise on the track when recording, the noise is removed if i turn the gate on but the sound is way too low to be heard, i can still record but its very very quite and if i use reaper eq to add the volume i get the hiss anyway.

Is there anyway to balance this out so i get a good clean recording or is it a case of playing about with levels till i get what i need?? just wanna check 'im not missing something stuipd.

you can check my youtube page below for an idea, you can hear the hiss on most tracks before anything occurs.

any help/advice would be greatly apppreciated.

'clicking noise'?? You need to figure out what/where this is coming from and eliminate it. Is it a metronome sound? Is it in the recorded tracks? (If so, both or just one?)
Can you see the click in the waveform, when looking at the tracks in Reaper?

You shouldn't be using EQ to add volume. 'Normalizing' is the easiest way, but if there is noise (hiss), it will be increased too. If the noise is that noticeable, you are probably tracking at too low a volume (or the preamps/gain are not set correctly).

Back