Using Zip Drive w/VF-16

mic98

It's me again still pulling my hair out trying to decide for sure on which backup/mixdown scenario to go with. The
VF16 will format a zip disk w/FDMS to save data that can then be re-loaded into the VF16 later. But to save a .wav file (completed,mixed song) you have to have a zip disk DOS-formatted w/FAT16. Windows98 only does FAT32. To anybody out there who has used a zip or jaz, how do you format the disk? Is it true that jaz disks come formatted w/fat16?
Are PC pre-formatted zip disks FAT16? Why is all this stuff so damn complicated? I'm a guitar player, not an engineer!

I dont have the answers,but...I have ?s for you.

Hey mic98
I just pulled my vf16 out of the box last night.I played with my new toy for a couple of hours and realized how much space the demo-song took up.I'll admit to the fact that I know nothing about digital recording.That is why I am here!
How do I delete that demo from sucking up all of MY space on MY new toy?I have gone over the manual but I dont understand it.
any ideas? Thanx
Ginzoo

Ginzoo,
I think Program 1,the stupid demo song that ate our precious hard drive space, is there to stay. If anyone knows otherwise, please post it. Also, PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY ZIP DISK QUERY BEFORE I JUMP OUT MY BEDROOM WINDOW!

I'm a little surprised that a Zip disk has enough space on it for a 16 track song, uncompressed. I would think that a Jaz or an Orb Drive would be much more sufficient and quite possibly cost effective. As for storing the song in .wav format, could you just do a stereo recording onto a computer harddrive and than backup to a Zip disc or CD-R? I really have no clue, but I thought I'd give it a guess.

Peace, Jim

Back