using the midi-synth

dark_iscariot

Ive got a pretty good midi synth here, but the thing is that my soundcard is so crappy that the midi sounds like shit. Ive used one emulator which makes the sound way better, are there any program i can use to make better sound with this without changing the soundcard? Are there programs that will convert midi to wav? and finally, are there programs where i can use the midi keyboard without actually using midi at all, like in fasttracker or something like that?
Answers would be gratefully appreciated

I dont understand the questions. What is your synth? Are you using the sounds off of the soundcards? How do you mean use it without midi? :confused:

Midi is just a digital control protocol. All sounds need to be generated by your keyboard or the soundcard.

ehm well i mean are there any good emulators which will make the midi sound better? the sound when i play on the keyboard, or can i use the synth with other non-midi orientated software?
arent there wav samples that you can use and use the midikeyboard to change the pitch of that sample?

Okay, that makes a little more sense. You need softsynths or software samplers. There are a bunch of them but I don't use them so I can't really recomend any.

Reason, Rebirth and Gigasampler are some poplular ones. You can also download SoundFonts for use with SoundBlaster and other compatible sound cards.

Yes, Soundfonts are samples. If you have a Soundblaster, you can get started using them for free. Try downloading the free Vienna soundfont software from Creative's website; then download some soundfonts from one of the many sites that offers them for free.

Back