using reason with reaper?

cpc

i can't seem to figure out how to get rewire to work properly ...i can get reason loaded as a slave and i'm able to record a midi track of the instrument in reaper... but i'm unable to figure out how to record multiple instruments from reason as seperate tracks in reaper .. can someone point me to a tutorial or tell me themselves how this can be done please ? also i would like to know how to do this with adobe audition if possible.. thanks !

It's easy using it by clicking the FX button and going to the ReWire section and selecting Reason. I'm not sure how to record separate tracks using only one instance of Reason though. I've always loaded a separate one for each track I'm doing which can be a pain.

Maybe pipelineaudio noez. If he doesn't then chances are no one noez.

OK, try this:

Add your Reason rewire in the FX of a track in reaper.

Now, right click reason in the fx list menu:

10711642716fxchainfortrsh4.png

Then chose "build multichannel routing for output of selected fx)

It's easy using it by clicking the FX button and going to the ReWire section and selecting Reason. I'm not sure how to record separate tracks using only one instance of Reason though. I've always loaded a separate one for each track I'm doing which can be a pain.

Maybe pipelineaudio noez. If he doesn't then chances are no one noez.

i tried that as well but it doesn't let me load a new instance of reason for each new track because it says rewire is already in use by another track or something like that

ok

Then, can you just add some new tracks and in the I/O window add some sends from the rewire track to the other tracks?

for the first track below do audio 1/2 - audio 1/2, for the next do audio 3/4 to audio 1/2, next audio 5/6 to audio 1/2, etc....

ok

Then, can you just add some new tracks and in the I/O window add some sends from the rewire track to the other tracks?

for the first track below do audio 1/2 - audio 1/2, for the next do audio 3/4 to audio 1/2, next audio 5/6 to audio 1/2, etc....

i don't really understand what you're saying... but i tried to do that anyways , and all i see is audio 1/2 -- audio 1/2 for every track below , and i cant get any of them to make a sound or record anything .:confused:

ooops, first make the rewire track set to like 16 track channels, in the I/O window

Really, come to reaper chat and you'll be sorted out pretty quick

ooops, first make the rewire track set to like 16 track channels, in the I/O window

Really, come to reaper chat and you'll be sorted out pretty quick

alright well that worked for getting each instrument to play in a different track (although a pain to set up) , but when i record it still all records to the main rewire track 1 and not seperate tracks ... i'll check out the chat later , i was hoping someone could just point me to a good tutorial for me to read up on as the documentation on rewire is almost non existent with reaper.

Once you figure it out, you can write it :)

The long and short of it is this:

REAPER has a trackchannel system which allows up to 64 separate channels per track.

IF multichannel output is specified in REASON to REASON's REWIRE applet, then that many channels of REWIRE will show up in REAPER.

They are all showing up on the same track, on different trackchannels

In order to split them up you'd send from that track to others. IF there is no Reason REWIRE template for download at the REAPER forum, then it would be cool for you to upload one once you get it sorted out, then its a two click process to set up from then on out

lets say i have a drum synth and a lead synth open in reason and i want to record them to my vocals and recorded live bass in reaper in different tracks... i want to be able to record the drum synth in one track , and the lead synth in another track ... so upon playback both synths can be heard , and i can add reaper effects to each track ... that's what i want.

what i am getting with any method i have tried (including yours) is the midi data from whichever synth im playing (drums lets say) gets recorded in track 1 (with reason rewire fx on it) ... then when i switch instruments in reason the recorded data switches instruments too.. i do not want this . with your advice the volumes will show up in tracks 2, 3, etch when i switch instruments... but will still record the data in track one , and the data will switch instruments whenever i switch instruments. boo *thumbsdown* ...

oh well, if i ever figure it out i'll let you guys know... but if someone else knows how to fix this please help... i would think this is the main purpose of using rewire so i'm sure a lot of people know how to do this

Back