Using reaper as slave in FL studio 9

1Chance

i managed to get through the rewiring stage.
but when i'm working on a project in FL and i hit the record button in reaper it doesn't work. can anyone help me out?

i managed to get through the rewiring stage.
but when i'm working on a project in FL and i hit the record button in reaper it doesn't work. can anyone help me out?

sorry I cant help you as i dont use either but I just wanted to ask...wouldnt it make more sense to run FL in Reaper as the slave?

I mean it is treated as a VSTi by most DAWs and is rock solid as far as Im aware...its also far more of an instrument than Reaper is???

yeah thanks for your insight
but i'm used to mixing and mastering in FL
so if you can provide me with presets for reaper, it'll be a lot of help.
thanks.

Wait.... what?

If your used to mixing and mastering in Fl what do you want to use repaer for.

Lets back this up.

Why are you trying to slave fl to Reaper? To do what? maybe there is an easier way to do what you want to do?

Wait.... what?

Lets back this up.

Why are you trying to slave fl to Reaper? To do what? maybe there is an easier way to do what you want to do?

there is...i told him ;)

mixing and mastering in FL is like running through mud

Wait.... what?

Lets back this up.

i'm using reaper because i cannot record with FL, only make beats and record externally then work everything in FL, hence the rewire.
if there's a way i can record with FL much better.

i'm using reaper because i cannot record with FL, only make beats and record externally then work everything in FL, hence the rewire.
if there's a way i can record with FL much better.

sorry but why cant you record audio in FL?

[video=youtube;<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/uOp87jxYTJg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/uOp87jxYTJg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>]video[/video]

if its because you have a version of FL thats doesnt record audio then trust me when i say that Reaper has far better mixing capabilities than FL and an easier workflow...would take you a few hours to be up to scratch and still use FL to create beats as a VST instrument

i

I have both. Fruity loops producer editions allow you to record with all the options. Lesser versions do not allow one to record ones guitar for example, or other external inputs. I use Reaper for recording and mixing, as I feel it does a decent job. I like some of the fx in Reaper for mixing down the tracks. I use FL, even though I have the Producer edition, as a vsti within Reaper. I can use Sytrus and many of the other vst within fl while recording everything using Reaper. I use a Guitar Port , 99 bucks, for my interface into Reaper for recording. Direct in with maybe a pedal or two between. Nothing fancy. I have to use ASIO 4all when recording midi, but other than that, I assign the input in the audio settings of Reaper to Guitar port when using any guitars or basses. Works well for me.
Cheers, Jeff

Back