using midi cable

fl junkie

im kind of a newb to midi stuff. i know what a midi file is though. i use them in fruity loops with soundfonts or samples to make backings.
but my question...my boss gt-8 guitar processor has midi in and outputs on it....what the heck does it do? how do i hook it up? what is the midi controller i hear you talk about? my keyboard has midi in and out also. how would these be used together?
sorry if this is a stupid question but ive just never used it...thanks for any help. :o

Like the Line6 Pod and the earlier Johnson J-Station, MIDI on these devices is used to control the device and the settings using graphical software on your PC (not to make MIDI music - you cant sequence with it).

Setting it up should be in the manual...

Like TimO said...

When I use my Line6 PODpro, instead of using a pedal to switch the sound at certain parts of the song, I have my PC send a midi signal to cause the POD change to a new sound setting. You can also use "deep editing" software to give you even greater control of the various setting that you might not otherwise have from the front panel.

It can be handy but I find that I just get sucked into fooling around with it. It has it's uses.

Back