Using Mbox 2 with 002 Rack

Renascent

Hey guys
This is a weird question, if I had the 002 yet I could figure it out but Im really just curious

Can I use the Mbox 2 SPDIF ins and outs with the SPDIFs on the 002 making the 002 have 9 or 10 inputs instead of 8?
Thanks
Scott

What you probably need is a two channel AD/DA converter with SPDIF I/O, which you would hook up to the SPDIF on the 002. That would give you analog inputs 9 and 10.

The only way your Mbox 2 idea would work is if either it was connected to another computer and you could route the audio through it the way you wanted, or if it has a standalone mode that allows it to serve as a converter like that.

Renascent said:
Hey guys
This is a weird question, if I had the 002 yet I could figure it out but Im really just curious

Can I use the Mbox 2 SPDIF ins and outs with the SPDIFs on the 002 making the 002 have 9 or 10 inputs instead of 8?
Thanks
Scott

nope. Mbox2 doesn't work stand-alone and DAE only allows 1 digi interface at a time...

Yea, I've been looking to score a M-AUdio Tampa but.. 002 would be first. I need more outputs for my outboard anyway

technically it's possible but it will require another computer.

in PT on mbox computer, set out's to digital 9/10, in PT on 002 computer, set in 9/10 to track.

not worth the hassle imo.

using them together via spdif, not an option as described above. however, i have had both the 002r and mbox 2 plugged in to the same computer at one time. they both power on, but you can only use one at a time for audio. you can access both midi ports at the same time, and if you put the mix knob on the mbox 2 all the way to input, you can use it to add 2 more mic pre's and plug it in to analog 5-6 or 7-8...

Back