using Excel,access,outlook etc.

walters

What do you guys use Excel,access,outlook for?

What type of office jobs use excel or access for please?

I know doing inventory uses excel but what else can i use excel and access for please?

I used to use Excel for a living, with a little bit of Access, but I am still very, very formidable with Excel.

The main problem with Excel is there is no XLS to RTAS wrapper, so you can't use it in ProTools. Steinberg is way ahead of the game here, because VST and XLS at least have the same number of letters, plus the "S" is in both, albeit in a different position.

If you have the new version of Access, know XML and know the exact protocols, various control functions can be automated, using MIDI. But, it would be ridiculous when so many other programs do this as its main function, some of them much cheaper or free.

I use excel to create and track payroll and for annual tax reports. Access is a pain and too restrictive. I use outlook to collect spam.

Oh, I am terribly sorry. I thought I was in the Home Recording forum. I must have taken a wrong turn somewhere. Sorry to bother you.

(Gees, that's what I get for getting on the computer before I've had my morning coffee.) :rolleyes:

Maybe the moderator will move this to the cave.

I use exel when i rap....it rhymes with ....ummm...jail cell.....kill the male...um....posting bail...and so on...

i hope this helps.

Running your audio through Excel is pretty much a standard in the professional recording industry.

What do you guys use Excel,access,outlook for?

What type of office jobs use excel or access for please?

I know doing inventory uses excel but what else can i use excel and access for please?

I use all of the above and all my mixes are Microsoft Certified. Sometimes when I start getting bad sounds the automatic update kicks in and saves the day. Great products.

You guys gotta try open-office. ( http://www.openoffice.org/ ) Its free.
And will do just as good of a job.
I'd like some Open-Orifice. (heh-heh-heh)
BushIsLaughing.jpg

I used to use Excel, Access and Word to create, merge and print pension and benefits statements, and tied the information to data driven websites to create online benefits statements. However there was always too much 60hz rumble, and not enough cowbell. So I quit.

Back