Using effects

kobra

Hello
I am recording my vocals direct into my Tascam MKII 4 track. I am recording on the 3rd track, and using the effects send 1 to send it thru my Digitech rp100 guitar processor to add echo/reverb, etc. and sending it back to track 4. But I am not getting any effects. What am I doing wrong.
Thanks

YO Kobra:

Can you hear the effects in the headset when you're recording? If so, you may not be actually recording the reverb. As I recall from my Tascam 488 units, and the Yamaha MD8, you can record with reverb if you push the right buttons. Otherwise, you only hear the reverb, which is really the way to go as it gives the vocalist this immense feeling of power.

However, when you mix down, you should be able to not only hear the reverb but it should be recorded. I believe the best method is to add the reverb when mixing down so you can hear it in the monitors before you put it to tape or CD. And, this also gives you the chance to try several reverb variations, delays, etc., and pick the one the makes your ears happy.

Since I'm not totally familiar with your unit, you might check out the manual and see if it covers recording with reverb and adding reverb when you mix down.

Don't get hissed-off Korbra; someone here will come up with an answer or you will discover it yourself. Each time I turn on my 2816, I learn another little devious diversion from the writers of the manual who were insane at the time of writing.

Green Hornet:D :D :p :p

Using Effects

No, I'm not hearing any of the effects anywhere. The thing is, I want to have track 4 be the vocal track (with effects), and rerecord guitar over the track 3 vocals (the plain one). I don't know where to return the signal, or where to assign anything, or which monitors to use, or anything.

Back