Using delay/echo in Adobe Audition

randyfromde

How do I set delay in Adobe Audition to repeat a certain number of times for specific time intervals?

I want a vocal phrase to repeat 3 more times after it is sung, once per beat. Right now, I copy/paste the part I want to repeat, line them up at the proper time interval, and set envelopes like it is fading out.

Is there a plugin included with AA that I can use to do this automatically? If so, how do I set it? For guitar, my Boss pedal has a tap tempo to line up the delay, but I don't seem to see anything like that.

Investigate the multitap delay in Audition. You should be able to set that up to do almost anything (though not automatically).

That's the thing...I know what tempo my songs are in, because I play to a metronome. But the conversion to ms, offset, delay, and feedback are what is throwing me. The help function isn't quite as intuitive as I need it to be.

All I can figure out how to do is create feedback!

I don't have one, but if you do a Web search, there are little progams that can compute delay per BPM, or at least give the formula to do it with a calculator.

I was thinking that after I asked the question, that it must not be too hard to calculate that.

Something like this?

60 bpm => 1 beat per second => 1000ms per second for quarter note repeat
60 bpm => 1 beat per second = > 500ms = eighth note repeat

Back