using auxiliary tracks as a "pre amp"

LAWL_im_so_EMO

Ok so heres the problem.
I hjave to fix something that i woudl rather just re track, but i dont have the equipment at this point.

Basically i tracked my gutiar to hot. They were constantly peaking at 0 db.

So i had a thought: what if i made sent my track to an aux input, then sent the aux input to a separate audio track, and then re recorded the audio from the auxiliary, but instead used the fader on the aux input to control the peaks to manageable leevls for the new audio track.

DO you think this would help?

Ok so heres the problem.
I hjave to fix something that i woudl rather just re track, but i dont have the equipment at this point.

So i had a thought: what if i made sent my track to an aux input, then sent the aux input to a separate audio track, and then re recorded the audio from the auxiliary, but instead used the fader on the aux input to control the peaks to manageable leevls for the new audio track.

That might ...But what I would do is ........... Re amp your G track this will prove most interesting for yourself as a learning experience.

Don't ask just read about it and do it!!
You'll have a lot of fun doing it.

Where are you from?

:cool:

Ok so heres the problem.

If you just want quieter audio without clipping, then no - the result would be just the same as turning up/down the fader on your current audio track. The damage of recording too hot is already done, and there's no way to get rid of it I'm afraid.

If you're going to do any processing on the track such as EQ and you want some headroom so that the signal doesn't get even hotter and clip even more, then yes. Save yourself re-recording through the aux, just select all the regions on your audio track, go to audiosuite>other>gain, and set it to about -10dB, and hit process. This will turn down the audio before it gets to the fader.

If you just want quieter audio without clipping, then no - the result would be just the same as turning up/down the fader on your current audio track. The damage of recording too hot is already done, and there's no way to get rid of it I'm afraid.

If you're going to do any processing on the track such as EQ and you want some headroom so that the signal doesn't get even hotter and clip even more, then yes. Save yourself re-recording through the aux, just select all the regions on your audio track, go to audiosuite>other>gain, and set it to about -10dB, and hit process. This will turn down the audio before it gets to the fader.

Even if he re -amped the sound of the G track.?

:cool:

I've never heard of re-amping an already amped signal, and I doubt it would sound very good tbh, especially if the original one is clipping.

+1 Rerecord it all man, and make sure it peaks lower! Peaking at -10 wouldn't be a bad idea.

once clipped...you can't lower the volume of the track to fix it. It just lowers the distortion volume, but it's still distorted.

If it's just one track, send me a link to it and I'll throw it in a declipper I have to see if it can fix it for you.

once clipped...you can't lower the volume of the track to fix it. It just lowers the distortion volume, but it's still distorted.

If it's just one track, send me a link to it and I'll throw it in a declipper I have to see if it can fix it for you.

how do i just send you one track?

how do i just send you one track?

export the file by selecting the region(s) in the edit window, and it will automatically become highlighted in the regions list. Then right click the highlighted region in the regions list, and click "export regions as files" and make sure to keep the parameters the same as your session.

then upload it somewhere and give him a link

Back