Using a Joyo with a noise suppressor pedal

notCardio

I walk the line
Joyo's in general are reported to be extremely noisey. Has anyone here used one with a noise suppressor pedal?

If so, did it help? Did it suck the tone out?

Before anyone says 'just buy a better pedal', I've already got an NS pedal, so that wouldn't involve laying out any more cash. And I like what I've heard from the Joyos.

How do you end up with this stuff? Joyo? Where did you even find that brand? ;)

I forget how I stumbled across it. I think it must've been ebay while looking for something else. Turns out, they're pretty popular. Cheap Chinese ripoffs of mainstream pedals, sort of the Behringer of the guitar pedal world.

Joyo Pedals | CheaperPedals.com

That's just one online seller of that brand, but I like their site because there's a link to a video demo of almost every single pedal they sell.

I don't actually have any Joyos yet, I've been holding off because even the guys who've been given them to review, who pretty much have good things to say about them, say their incredibly noisy, as well as people who have them.

And how do I end up with the stuff I have? No idea. Just being at the wrong place at the wrong time, I guess. I'll have to show you my Fredder Telecrasher sometime.

Interesting... Wrong place, wrong time - I get that. Usually, in my experience, it's right place wrong price. Schedule's a bit crazy these days with school and family in and out but next time you head into the Burg let me know a few days in advance and maybe you can bring the crasher.

I've a Joyo pedal and it's a little noisy when cranked - but so is the amp it simulates.
the build quality, features etc are all quite good. An NS pedal - well try it.
I bought the Vox AC sim pedal. The more drive the more noise - no shock there.
I bought it for the AC tone not a grossly over driven AC.
Try this vid - it's why I bought the pedal...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3dqJBux94k
He addresses the noise at about 10min.
or this by the same fellow - but just sound no discussion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m72aS6_rUPw

I have the Joyo Vintage Overdrive and it really isn't any noisier than a Boss pedal. It's only noisy when used in front of a distorted amp same as any other OD pedal. When used in front of a clean amp the noise is not that bad. The only time that it sounds nasty is when I crank up the tone control. That's not a problem for me because the pedal is already pretty bright so I leave it set at 12 o-clock. Joyo pedals are fine if you just want a cheap pedal to goof around with but don't expect anything more than that.

That's interesting. Everybody, and I mean everybody, says that they are much noisier than other pedals. Good to hear some people saying they aren't any worse than others.

There are four I'm interested in, and you guys have two of them. The AC, the VO, and then the American and the Sweet Baby. Are you guys running yours via battery or ac?

My guitarist has an Ultimate Drive. I performed a couple mods on it as it was muddier than an OCD. Overall its a really solid pedal. Not any noisier than other dirt pedals.

My guitarist has an Ultimate Drive. I performed a couple mods on it as it was muddier than an OCD. Overall its a really solid pedal. Not any noisier than other dirt pedals.

That's one that I don't really need. I wasn't all that impressed with the demos I've seen, and I already have an OCD anyway.

I can't really afford the originals that they're based on, and I don't play out or even do any serious recording at home. Just playin' around, so I figure they're good enough for me.

Are you guys running yours via battery or ac?

I always run mine via battery. Normally I don't use pedals but when I do it's just an OD alone for an extra flavor. The people saying that the Joyo pedals are noisy are most likely chaining a shit ton of pedals together in some massive pedal board.

I've been thinking of getting one of their programmable loop switching pedals for my pedalboard. The price is right and so is the size. Anyone know how's the quality of these?

I've been thinking of getting one of their programmable loop switching pedals for my pedalboard. The price is right and so is the size. Anyone know how's the quality of these?

Those look cool. I wish I could afford something like that.

I always run mine via battery. Normally I don't use pedals but when I do it's just an OD alone for an extra flavor. The people saying that the Joyo pedals are noisy are most likely chaining a shit ton of pedals together in some massive pedal board.

Well, the professional reviewers I've seen that say this usually aren't using many, if any, other pedals. And they're just using the chains they would normally use for the same type of pedal from other brands.

Back