Using 32bit program on 64bit system

aceteleman

Ok, weird question here, not sure if this is the right thread to ask in.

I have a version of Cakewalk Pro 7 that has several editing tools I really like however, I just bought a new computer for my studio and it, obviously, has Win7 64bit on it.

So my question is this. Is there a way to make a 32bit program work on a 64bit system?

Here's what I've discovered so far. It does intall and I can open it by 'run as administrator' but the 1st thing I found is that I have no sound coming from it. Also the tools I want to use most are inoperable.

I know it's a long shot but just thought I'd ask....

Thanks,
The Teleman :guitar:

I'm able to run 32 bit Cubase 6 on 64bit Win7.

Are you running through an interface with 64bit drivers?

No kidkage, I'm just basically using the computer's resources for that particular software. I'm probably just not going to fight with it on that computer. I have another old computer with XP on it so I'll probably just set that up just for the sake of using CW7, easy enough to transport the wav files on a thumb drive. I just thought maybe somebody had run across this issue with an older version of Cakewalk in 32bit format and might have a simple answer.

I'm going to be using Sonar Producer 8 as my main recording DAW but, as I mentioned, there are a couple of editing tools in the old Cakewalk 7 that I prefer to use over what I've discovered in other programs for the same purpose, they're just simpiler to use for their intended purposes.

Thanks for the response at any rate.....

Back