Using 3 Sets Of Monitors

CUSETOWN

I have one amp (Alesis ra150) and 3 sets of monitors,
(Event 20/20, Yamaha ns10, Auralex cubes).

I also have a monster cable speaker selector. Problem is, when I switch to my events, they are much lower in volume to the ns10s..

I know nothing about "ohms" or "bridging"..

Why is this happening? Is there a better solution to the monster speaker switcher.. Like this samson unit...? http://www.humbuckermusic.com/samcconconro.html

Any direction is appreciated.
THANKS.

Last edited:
I use a little behringer mixer in wich I enter in one channel with the sound of my audiopc on the other channel with a cd reader with the reference cd inside.
Then on the main out there is the first couple of monitor, on the ctr room out the second ...if you want there is the third space...

I think it' s a good solution...

Since you're talking about a monitoring chain - which is critical in making sonic decisions - you want as little electronics between the source and the monitors as possible.

That means you want to use only good components that are effectively invisible in the monitoring signal path.

Budget gear/switchboxes - and particularly budget mixers - are hardly going to be "neutral" devices in the signal chain.

Mind you, this is assuming that the rest of your gear and the room it's in allows you to differentiate to that level of detail in the first place.

Don't try to avoid the difference - Embrace the difference. People are going to listen on speakers of all different sensitivities and qualities.

Adjust the volume control if you need to.

As far as impedance, DO check to see if the outs on the Monster unit drive particular levels, and just make sure the impedances match. If you combine (if it even allows you to) many have it set up so you'll be parallel one way (A+B) and series the other (A+C). If there's nothing in the Monster manual about this, ignore it.

yeah, if you're hearing a volume difference it could be that they have a different impedence or more likely the sensitivity ratiing is different.

tubesrawsom said:
so tht why people want more then one set of moniters?

Dunno, but I use ten pair of monitors, four pairs in the CR, three in the TR and three in the lounge.:D

Back