used arranger recommendations?

greenie

croakin' the night away
this is just something to learn on, i'm not looking to make a platinum recording. key action doesnt matter so much right now but semi-weighted will win over flimsy keys if there's a reasonable choice. i'd like some decent sounds and a variety of auto accompaniment stuff. the auto's to keep me from being bored :)

why do i want this? had an accident & cant play guitar no more. i can manage keys sorta so thats why im looking.

again this is just something to keep for a while and get up to speed. i'll probably turn around and sell it later.

so, what's good in the used arranger market?

I don't know how easy these are to find used, but I like my Yamaha PSR 2000 quite a bit. Action isn't special, but I've felt much worse. It has a rather pleasing accompaniment section, each style having 4 variations and decent fills. The voices aren't bad, though not world class. But for about $1000 brand new, this machine offers a great deal.

Good hunting.

I am not sure how much you want to spend but I have a Korg PA80 that is just great. I am not selling it, just recommending it.

I messed around and wasted money on cheaper arrangers until I found this Korg.

I think it has the best sounds and accompaniments.

There is one on ebay right now:
http://cgi.ebay.com/KORG-PA80-PA-80...405024100QQcategoryZ38091QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I gig with this and record with it as well. My only complaint is that it only has 61 keys. They do have newer models out with 76 keys but the prices are too much for me.

Back