Use for old pedals

Clive Hugh

I had a couple of old pedals that were stuffed so I removed the guts and put in an extra out, resoldered them and two cheap effective splitter boxes.

Cool :)

Another handy thing is using it as an enclosure for home-brew pedals. Some stuff is really easy to make (distortions, boosters etc.) and all you have to do is pop a little circuitboard in there, solder some wires and your set!

Halion said:
Cool :)

Another handy thing is using it as an enclosure for home-brew pedals. Some stuff is really easy to make (distortions, boosters etc.) and all you have to do is pop a little circuitboard in there, solder some wires and your set!
I haven't had the urge to build pedals, one I would be interested in would be an analog echo but I think it would take more know how than I have.
Home brew is another matter, a friend of mine makes a mean beer.

i have made and analog delay and it's not a good first pedal to make. I would for sure start out with a range master clone or ts clone. After ordering parts and building you have a lot of time put into building. Most of the time after it is all said and done you really didn't save a whole lot of money. But it you have the enclosure and DPDT or TPDT (w/led) switch already then it for sure could be worth while. It's a great hobby, but be prepaired to spend time.

Here's an excellant source for building.
www.diystompboxes.com
www.generalguitargadits.com

gcapel said:
i have made and analog delay and it's not a good first pedal to make. I would for sure start out with a range master clone or ts clone. After ordering parts and building you have a lot of time put into building. Most of the time after it is all said and done you really didn't save a whole lot of money. But it you have the enclosure and DPDT or TPDT (w/led) switch already then it for sure could be worth while. It's a great hobby, but be prepaired to spend time.

Here's an excellant source for building.
www.diystompboxes.com
www.generalguitargadits.com
Time is the one factor that is pretty much taken up so I'm gonna be lazy and buy ready made.

Back