USB docking station for internal hard drives? Anyone ever use one?

I wondered why you mentioned slave drives in your opening post. I thought you might just be stabbing at outdated info.

Master/Slave/Cable select requirements are a real thing for older IDE discs.
Any that I've seen have a nice diagram of the jumper port on the label. Usually it's a simple case of putting on jumper into one of three positions.

It's counter intuitive, but as your drive will be the only drive on that device path, you'll want to set it to master.

Just wanted to update on this; just got the IDE bay in this morning thanks to living super close to an Amazon distribution center. Got that old hard drive mounted up in the case, plugged it in and it works like a charm! Thanks!

Just wanted to update on this; just got the IDE bay in this morning thanks to living super close to an Amazon distribution center. Got that old hard drive mounted up in the case, plugged it in and it works like a charm! Thanks!

Kind of late to posting this, I was going to ask this question. I have a USB unit that is for both SATA and IDE, but I thought it was so obvious I deleted what I was going to post several times.

My apologies for not posting the question is all I can say. Would have saved you a lot of pain.

Back