Usb audio interface

so i bought a mixer and I need an audio interface to run it to my computer> I was looking at the Behringer U-CONTROL UCA202 USB-Audio Interface. Is this a good idea? should i use something else? Or take a different approach?

I have never ever seen an interface that small before. . . wow. I read some reviews, and guess if you have budget constraints it might be alright.

If you can, I would honestly go with something larger and more complete like an M-Audio, or a Presonus type. . .

What mixer did you buy?

There are lots of good audio interfaces out there; that isn't one of them. I would not expect that to sound significantly better than using adapters to connect to the junk audio hardware that's built into your computer.

The U-CONTROL UCA202 is OK for the price.

I use a few of them around the place, for playing music from a lap top during my bands set breaks, recording rehearsal demos (stereo feed from a small mixer and a pair of mics) and that kind of thing. I have also recorded lectures using the 202 a small mixer and a laptop, and it sounded fine.

They are better than the inbuilt cards found in laptops but they are limited, from memory they are 16bit, and you only get 2 channels in and out. For a little demo studio at home putting down ideas they are fine.

However depending on the budget there are many better sound cards out there with more features, but it all depends on budget, if you can't afford anything better at the moment just get a 202, when you have more cash later upgrade and use the 202 to play music from your computer at parties.

Cheers

Alan.

Back