Urgent!! Why does one track record all??

adam

This is probably a set up issue but after installing Sonar 2 now when I record a track it records every sound it hears. Track 1 records the input signal but also the metronome. So I turn off the metronome. Then I go to record track 2 and it records track 1 as well as the input setup.

I looked under the volume control properties and couldn'tfind anything wrong. Where should I look?

Thanks in adance for your help. I finally have some time to record and I can't get it to work. Please help!

Go to the speaker icon

Open up the volume control, hit advanced, go to Recording properties:

Then select ONLY Line Input.

Do NOT select "Master" unless you are bouncing a MIDI file to an Audio track.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I go into open volume controls and it won't let me select advanced controls (it is greyed out). I go into properties and hit record and then select line in only and this doesn't work.

What's sound card you use ? Some "simple" card doesn't alow you to select advanced control. Some card (like SBLive!) has "What you hear" option on Record Property. Make sure you don't select it, select only Line input other way, you'll record whatever you hear :)

Thanks. I have a soundfusion card in an ibm t20 laptop. I have been running sonar just fine for 8 months. I guess when I upgraded, somehow the settings changed.

I'll keep looking, but in recording only line out is selected. In playback there is more but changing them hasen't seemed to matter. I'll keep trying.

So annoying. Here I am thinking I am getting to know Sonar pretty good and something simple like this throws me.

I figured it out. For some reason when I clicked on the checkbox for line in it selected it but didn't pop up the fader. When I got it to pop up I hit select and now it works.

Thanks for your help!

Back