Urgent Question: I need some assistance hooking up my mixer to a ground loop isolator

Toasta Whales

Last edited:
First step would likely be determine which piece or pieces when hooked together in your total chain is causing the noise. Orput another way, (if you've done this pardon) start simple, just speakers (or even head phones) and the amp or mixer whatever comes next, and add each piece back in. Look for the one that starts the noise.

But before even that, try everything into the same power strip. Common ground and voltage = no loop (generally.

First step would likely be determine which piece or pieces when hooked together in your total chain is causing the noise. Orput another way, (if you've done this pardon) start simple, just speakers (or even head phones) and the amp or mixer whatever comes next, and add each piece back in. Look for the one that starts the noise.

But before even that, try everything into the same power strip. Common ground and voltage = no loop (generally.

I would do everything mixsit just said... also i would try to determine if your not getting other interference, if your speakers aren't properly shielded being close to a computer monitor could give you noise, or even if your recording an electric instrument you could be picking up the hum from poorly made pick-ups.

If you have isolated the problem then judging by the picture(ive never used one) it would seem that you just install the thing in between your board and whatever piece of equipment is causing the problem, it looks like it has rca inputs and outputs and a rca to 1/8 in converter... so if you are plugging inbetween 1/4 in inputs and outputs you would probably need an rca to 1/4in plug

Back