urgent HELP!...

darc mind

i need someone to help me...i needed to connect my VX2000 preamp to my computer, but i couldn't get a perfect cable so i got a 1/8" stereo to dual RCA and got 2 adapters(RCA to 1/4" Mono TS)and connected them but now i don't know how to set it up and what to do!

What exactly do you mean by the "perfect cable"?

And what are you trying to do that you are unable to do now?

And how do you have this mic pre hooked into your computer sound card?

Inquiring minds want to know!

ssscientist said:
What exactly do you mean by the "perfect cable"?

And what are you trying to do that you are unable to do now?

And how do you have this mic pre hooked into your computer sound card?

Inquiring minds want to know!

i don't have a 1/8"stereo to dual TS 1/4" Mono so i did that to get it

i hooked it up with the computer with 1/8" in computer and 1/4" in preamp's send and return now when i try to record the volume is TOO low what do i do?

use the main

dont use the send and returns......
use the main out, it's the one nearest the power plug

the vx is a SINGLE channel pre, so you will only get 1 feed unless you mult it or use a y splitter

mult it?...what wire im confused can you put pictues up for what your talking about?....

i think this is what you mean...

a 1/8" to dual 1/4" TRS
a 1/4" Y Splitter
???

same page

Well, 2 things really

#1 you get my 200th post yipee.....................

#2, lets make sure we are on the same page...

I am describing a Behringer VX2000 voice pre.

Using the cable you mentioned above, 1/8 Stereo (TRS) to dual RCA (fitted with a rca to 1/4 adapter)

plug the 1/8 end into the LINE IN on your sound card.

plug ONE of the 1/4 plugs into the MIAN OUT jack on the vx2000, it's the one nearest the power plug on the back.

be sure to tell your software you are recording in mono.

you may have to switch the 1/4 end with the other one, to hit the mono input, but you only will have 1 of them plugged into the vx2000.

sorry, i don't have time to look up all the pix, have to go to work.

good luck.

:rolleyes:

yup i fitted the dual RCA TO 2 1/4" TS adapters

so im gonna have to get 2 other ones that are RCA to 1/4" TRS adapters?(cuz the main has to be a Tip Ring Sleeve(TRS)

and then put it into the main TRS place on the VX?

and tell the program im recording mono but im really recording stereo or no?

im confused as hell lay it out for me when u bak from work...thnx a lot

Last edited:
just plain 1/4

hi darc......12 hr shift

just plug the 1/4" into the behri. it wont hurt it's not a balanced connector. in other words, the 1/4 ts will work in place of the 1/4" trs.

you will be recording in mono. you will be sending 1 siganl into the sound card for recording.

1 - 1/4 plug will be in the jack (on the behri), the other 1/4 cord just hangin' loose.

the thing is i cant tell you which is which....... you may have to switch them back and forth to get a signal into the sound card. THis is because i don't know which input you card/software combination uses for mono.

your'e kinda stressing over simple thing....just relax you'll get it!

it's not working i tried to switch the program to mono recording and everything but it's not working...now what and how do i record in stereo?

Last edited:
Back