URGENT BUT!!!

C-Life

BOUT TO DIG DEEP ON SOME EQUIPMENT. DECIDED ON DIGITAL!! FOR HIP HOP, RAP, R&B...
PLEASE TELL ME OPINION ON FOLLOWING PROPOSAL

LEXICON CORE 2 SOUNDCARD - 400.00
SONIC FOUNDRY VEGAS PRO - 425.00
DBX 386 PREAMP - 559.00
AKG C3000B MIC - 359.00

HOW DOES IT SOUND. I WISH I COULD SPARE THE VEGAS,BUT IS IT THE ONLY PROGRAM WITH GOOD ONBOARD MIXING AND MULTITRACKER??? PREAMP SEEMED BETTER FOR QUALITY AS OPPOSED TO EXTERNAL MIXER??? SINCE I ONLY USE MAYBE TWO MICS AT A TIME?? ANY SUGGESTION IN THE LAST HOUR??? THANX

hmmn... if i were you...i would do things a lil differently..

i would go with acid music for building the beat , and then use vegas pro when its time to add effects and lay down the vocal tracks.. acid is great for beats , and you dont need acid pro because the only real difference is being able to use dx effects and sound card routing.. if your just starting out , your pre amp and mic selection might be a tad overkill..

my product selection would be :

acid music - $100
vegas pro - 400
art tube mp preamp - 100
rode nt1 mic - 200

total is $800 bucks not including shipping and will have excellent results..i would use the money i saved to beef up my computer..
by the way , whats your computers specs?

- eddie -

I'd forget about Vegas and go for Acid Pro instead. You can use Acid for your multitrack app, when you load sample, switch to properties and change it from loop to disk based or one-shot. That way you have the best "looping tool" and a multitrack program with a familiar interface as well.
I'd also boost the amount of RAM in your system. (you didn't mention how much you're using but I'd still get more :P )

nodark ,

acid pro is great , but when you start trying to run a few disk bases tracks from the hard drive , it chokes up.. it wasnt written as a multitrack app , therefore its very inefficient at playing back disk based tracks.. although , you can get away with just acid pro if your only planning on playing back one vocal track... but , when it comes time to mixdown and you want to double your vocals and add a few more vocal tracks in a different key , your gonna hang..

- eddie -

yea EddieN thats true. thanx for looking out. the store im buying this stuff from seems to be on track with your advice on vegas pro. it is costly but seems to be very valuable in the long run. id like to stick with a cheaper program, but i will be needing a lot of double vocal tracks for hiphop. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eddie N:
nodark ,

acid pro is great , but when you start trying to run a few disk bases tracks from the hard drive , it chokes up.. it wasnt written as a multitrack app , therefore its very inefficient at playing back disk based tracks.. although , you can get away with just acid pro if your only planning on playing back one vocal track... but , when it comes time to mixdown and you want to double your vocals and add a few more vocal tracks in a different key , your gonna hang..

- eddie -
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Back