Upload Pathology

HoGung

How you all doing. I decided the hell with it and put all my songs so far['cept the unrecorded ones] at my site. I hope you like it and maybe these tunes will provide some ideas from my rather limited instrumental genre. As you likely know making a living does'nt leave much time for recording so these songs are taken from about a year and a half ago till now. A couple of these tunes took one afternoon to record,one took maybe a month and and it still is'nt right, most took about a week. I'm starting to get an inkling what it takes to make a high quality recording, and to really do it right is beyond my gear and capabilities. I know some geniuses [control freaks?] can produce their own recordings but for me it's like trying to give myself a haircut. I'd rather just play.... Anyway, before I ramble further, check out: www.mp3.com/mitchellmorgan to see just how lop-sided a hair-doo I managed to give myself. Thanks for your time. M.M.

Great stuff!
Your discipline on guitar is very evident.
My favorite (for the moment) is 'Lost'.
What kind of guitar rig are you playing through?
I enjoyed this stuff a lot ... looking forward to hearing more ...
:)

Thanks for the feedback, it's much appreciated. I'm playing a Jackson Stealth, a discontinued japanese model with Seymour Duncan pic-ups and a '76 Les Paul also with S.D. picups through an ART SGX pre-amp. I take three stereo outputs from the pre-amp and run it through a mixer with an Alesis Midiverb 4 on the effects loop and then run the mixer's output through a stereo Alesis EQ and compressor to an Electro Voice power amp that ends up in an old Marshall slant cabinet with E.V. speakers wired stereo. I miked the cabinet for recording the guitars with two Audio-Technica MB 4000s.

I downloaded "DWI" and loved it! It's a really cool tune. The others were to big to download on my puny connection, but I'll definately go back and listen to the RA versions. You're a hell of a guitar player. Good job!

Well, I listened to all of 'em streamed and went back an downloaded a couple too...in some of them you've got a Spanish thing goin' on just a bit..did you ever do that style or study it?....I liked the slide on In A Perfect World...thought the Imaginary Spy thing was pretty cool...Raining Notes set a nice mood...Velvet Creeper I dug...Thunderskull my total fave-it set a mood AND a melody...DWI YEAH it rocked...the sci-fi blues was pretty interesting...I didn't get into the rest as much as the ones listed above...these spoke to me more....you're a very good guitarist...have you ever given thought to vocals, either yours or some one else's...the strong melody line songs would be perfect candidates...the playing is so good, the singer could probably fake it, man.......gibs

I'm glad you like my songs, thank you. What I'm doing here is woodsheding. Recoring yourself, listening with a critical ear and getting input from others is a real good way to improve 'cause "the tapes don't lie".I have'nt had any formal training in spanish guitar or much else for that matter, just some lessons when I was a kid and some music theory in school. Typical musican-good ear, can't read. And yes, In about a year I'm moving to Portland, Oregon and try to hook up with a singer/lyicist, write music and get into that whole thing and see where it goes.M.M.

Hey our very own Sonusman (Ed Rei) is in Portland and he knows lots of music people and has a reputation of being sort of an engineer or something...I think he works out of his car or something, and maybe lives in it too.....gibs :D

Back