Upgrading For Cleaner Sound

AnthWare Studio

I was Remodeling The Room I Use for My Studio … I Got Everything Hooked Up … but a little Different … Now I Just got the Sound Blaster 24 Live … I Noticed High Pitched Sounds going along with my Mouse and other computer hardware … After Playing with My Studio Mixers & Pre Amps, I come to Learn that the sound is not in my toys but the Line in Jack of the Sound Card … Having nothing Connected to the Line in Jack My Noise is still their and then I Mute the Channel and the Sound Is Clear … I am thinking Crappy Input Jacks on the Sound Card … I wanna Try out a Firewire Device … I only Use one Mic for recording My Vocals From a Booth I Made, so I only need something Simple but good …. I was Checking out an M-Audio FireWire Solo Mobile … I Was Wondering If Upgrading to this will fix my problem or if anyone has suggestions on this … Thanks.

I don't mean to be rude or blunt but the Sound Blaster SUCKS for ANY type of audio recording.

In short, yes you would benefit from a new sound card. I'd go for an M-Audio PCI card if I were you.

Ditto and ditto. You'd have to be using a mic that you ripped out of a 1970 telephone handset before this wouldn't be your obvious and imperitive upgrade.

Cheeers, RD

The M-Audio Audiophile 24/96 is an excellent entry level recording soundcard that will give you recording results 100 times better than any soundblaster card.

Good luck with your upgrade,

Alec

Back