Upgrading audio interface question...

lcjones

I've been using the default motherboard Soundmax as well as a 2x2 USB interface. Swapping between the two. They have performed just fine for what I've done. It's now time to step up to the plate for a new more versatile audio interface.

I'm a solo musician. I use a hardware mixer, outboard compressor, plus a number of effect pedals and what-nots. I use Audacity as my PC editing environment. I do not use VST's or plugins as I work to get the sound I want before it goes to the box.

Right now I run my mixer Main Outs using two(L/R) XLR to RCA cables with RCA to 1/8(Mono) adapter to LINE-IN on the sound card. From the PC Out I send the signal back to the mixer using a stereo RCA-1/8 adapter with a pair of RCA to 1/4(Mono) cables going to a 1/4(L/R) stereo channel ports for monitoring with cans. I use AudioTechnica M40fs cans.

I do not intend to plug anything into any new sound device other than the RCA's for I/O. Obviously, I'm looking for sound quality and versatility but I don't need a boatload of dangling things hanging around. :)

What suggestions would you have, based on my setup, in purchasing a new sound interface/device?

Appreciate your time and thanks for your thoughts.

Chap

Back